Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday's ride

Got up this morning at 7.30am and thought 'mmmmm.. I might go for a ride tonight'. It's time I learned how to ride faster so why not head down to the velodrome. If I'm really lucky I'll catch up with the old blokes so they can teach me a few tricks. It's also a great chance to shoot the breeze. I love hearing their old stories about how they used to train and who was faster than who.



Anyway, I was stumbling across some old pics and found this one which was taken at last year's 1 in 20 Hill Climb. I love that amateur cycling can capture runs to 1/100th of a second, it makes it so much easier to to record PB's. At 14 minutes, 12 seconds and 3/100ths I was pretty happy with my effort. Certainly gives me a good target for this year.

2 comments:

Gazman said...

Whats the best way to gain a second per Kilometer in the Time Trial?

Dazman said...

Thank you for your enquiry.

Rotate your left wrist by 3 degrees CCW and then your right wrist by 6 degrees CW. This creates a much smoother 'slip' and will easily cut out 1 s/k. Read my post as I have several other tips.