Friday, May 22, 2009

Do Apple iPod headphones go well in the wash??

I thought I'd test a little theory of mine that not all electronic goods die in water!

To do this I had to set up a little experiment. I carefully and accidently placed a pair of Apple iPod headphones into the left rear pocket of my cycling jersey. I then placed this top into the washing basket.

22 minutes into the experiment my wife extracted the top (and other soiled items) from the basket and placed them in the washing machine. I had earlier switched the machine to 'max water use' just to firm up any results.

Note to all greenies that I collected all waste water so you are free to come over anytime and shower in it before I tip onto the olive trees out the back.


After some time spent waiting for our ultra slow front loader I removed the jersey and subsequently extracted the headphones. At this point I noted how shiny and new they looked.

I then plugged one end into the iPod and the other into my ears. At this point, I kid you not, my wife took 2 steps back. Was my head about to explode???

I confidently pressed play and instantly my head was filled with the uber cool tunes of Stickshifts and Safetybelts

There you have it!

No comments: