Thursday, October 9, 2008

Where's the finish?

Unigames week was over.
Hard riding and partying leads to good form.
Sunday Glenvale Crit on the horizon.
Hopes are high, might be able to pull something out.
1 hour plus 3 laps - simple stuff.
Set the pace hard from the start.
Sit in for the rest and save the legs for the finish.
50 mins in move forward ready to make a move.
Good position and feeling relaxed.
Pace is hard and think nothing of it.
Round corner 4 everyone starts jumping out of the saddle.
Someone must have tried to move off the front.
I don't see anything.
100m from the lap line it comes to me.
I've missed all the lap calls.
I missed the bell call.
That was the final lap.
Look at my clock, says 56 mins.
Sooo frustrating . . .

Ps. In my defence I wasn't the only person who didn't see or hear any lap calls or even know that we were on the final lap.

No comments: